NOTE: Markings in red indicate realtionship to Joanne Claire Warby (nee Hooper)(4) James Neale ( - ) came from Richmond, Surrey at the time of his marriage to Mary Grubb on the 23rd December 1823. Mary Grubb was from Isleworth, Middlesex. The marriage took place in Hounslow, Middlesex, England. A biography of the life of John and Sarah Winter lists Sarah's father as having come from Ireland but no evidence has been found that supports or rules this out. His name has also been listed as Patrick Neale but baptism records enters his name as James Neale.
(4) James Patrick Neale ( - ) m 1823 Mary Grubb ( - ) 3x Gt Grpts
(5) Sarah Neale (1825-1893) m 1852 John Winter (1827-1899) UK-NZ 2x Gt Grpts
(5) Mary Ann Neale (1829- )
(5) Charlotte Neale (1831- ) m Thomas Gardner (1832- )
(5) Sarah Neale (1825-1893) was born in Brentford, Surrey, England and christened by parents James & mary Neale on the 22nd May 1825 at Harrow. On the 4th May 1852 Sarah married John Winter in the St Giles Parish Church at Iseworth in Middlesex, England. John and Sarah Winter emigrated to New Zealand on 'The Conflict' in 1874 along with their six children, Charlotte, Susan, George, Amelia, Sarah Elizabeth and Henry Neal (Harry). Their eldest son, John Winter, was born in 1854 and died in 1871 three years prior to the families emigration to NZ. Sarah Winter (nee Neale) died on the 22nd September 1893 in Makuri, Pahiatua, New Zealand.
(5) Charlotte Neale (1831- ) was born in Brentford, Surrey, England as was her sister Sarah. Charlotte married Thomas Gardner. Thomas was born in Abington, Berkshire. Thomas and Charlotte had a large family and the children all appear (according to the census entries) to be born in Putney, Surrey. The children I have been able to find entries for are James, Mercy, Ruth, Rachel, Frederick T and Alfred H. Thomas has a brother named George J Gardner who is listed as staying with Tom and Charlotte at 14 South Place, Putney, Surrey when the 1871 census was conducted. Both Thomas and his brother George were boot and shoe makers. George (brother) was also born in Abington, Berkshire, England.
Also visit WINTER FAMILY TREE